Can I get a DWAI, DWI, Violation or Midemeanor expunged from my record?

Buffalo, NY |

I was charged with DWAI in 2003, DWI in 2004 and most recently a DWI in 2011. Since my last conviction I have quit drinking, joined AA, landed a great job, been a great father to my 2 girls, got engaged and started a business and will be buying a house in May. Basically I have turned my life around. The only thing missing is my license. The new legislation passed on Sept.25th will keep me from driving until I am eligible to reapply in 2017. My lawyer who represented me in my last DWI claims he cannot help me get my license back and suggested I try another attorney. The lady at the DMV suggested I get one of my DWI's taken of my record. I have hit a wall and need some help. Can you help me?

1. Unfortunately, that cannot be done at this time.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. NY does not expunge and convictions for DUI or driving while imparied never seal.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Yes I can help you and what I would do would be to evaluate all of your DWI cases and pick one to move the court to vacate on equitable grounds.

DUI topics