Can I get a dui if I am 17 years old and if so can I get it removed?

Bozeman, MT |

Last night I was in a car accident while under the influence I am 17 years of age and have never had any other offence of any sort up until this point. Is it possible for me to not be charged with a dui because I am a minor?

1. I need more information to help you, such as, did you take a breath or blood test? If so, what was the result? Was anyone injured in the accident? Were you arrested? Is there a witness who can testify you were the driver? Did you admit being the driver to a police officer?

You can be charged with a DUI at any age.

Getting it "removed" is not an easy thing to do. You will need a good DUI lawyer.

This answer is my personal opinion, offered for informational purposes only. It is not a legal opinion, nor is it legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship with anyone reading it. Linda Callahan Callahan Law www.dui-defender.net 877DUIAnswer

2. DUI law apply to all drivers, minor or adult. You should retain a DUI attorney.

3. Because you are a minor, they can charge you with what we in the profession call a "baby DUI". It is driving with a BAC of .04 or more while under 21. It does not count the same as a full DUI. Being in a car accident does not help out the chances of getting that though.

licensed attorney in Montana. Your specific state laws may be different.

4. You can be charged with DUI at any age. However, depending on what your blood alcohol level was you could be charged with what is known as a "baby DUI" or driving over a .04 while under the age of 21. It should not effect you after you turn 21 however. Either way, I suggest contacting a criminal defense attorney near you.