Can I get a drug paraphernalia ticket off my record after I paid the ticket two years ago?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Saint Cloud, MN

Anything would be better than having it on my record. Community service, anything. What are my options?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Thomas C Gallagher

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Two years is a long time. Of course, it's best to anticipate the nightmare of having a criminal conviction on your public records, even a minor one; and retain a good lawyer in the first place to work to avoid it. It is possible to ask a court to allow withdrawal of a guilty plea, or reopen a petty misdemeanor case. The passage of time, however, would make this more and more difficult. You could try anyway. Best to have a good lawyer's help with it.

  2. Maury Devereau Beaulier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Under current Minnesota law, you cannot expunge both criminal and civil records if you entereed a plea of guilty to the charge. As a result, even if you wait a year, you will not be able to remove the charge from all records.

    For Minnesota issues visit

  3. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Give it another year with you keeping your nose clean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,027 answers this week

3,138 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,027 answers this week

3,138 attorneys answering