Can I get a drug paraphernalia ticket off my record after I paid the ticket two years ago?

Saint Cloud, MN |

Anything would be better than having it on my record. Community service, anything. What are my options?

Give it another year with you keeping your nose clean.

Under current Minnesota law, you cannot expunge both criminal and civil records if you entereed a plea of guilty to the charge. As a result, even if you wait a year, you will not be able to remove the charge from all records.

For Minnesota issues visit criminal-law.tv

Two years is a long time. Of course, it's best to anticipate the nightmare of having a criminal conviction on your public records, even a minor one; and retain a good lawyer in the first place to work to avoid it. It is possible to ask a court to allow withdrawal of a guilty plea, or reopen a petty misdemeanor case. The passage of time, however, would make this more and more difficult. You could try anyway. Best to have a good lawyer's help with it.