Can i get a driving permit to drive to work after my license is suspended for one year?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

i recently got my license suspended for one year after getting 3 speeding tickets in less than 24 months and i want to know if i can get an attorney to reduce the suspension time of my license. this is the third time they suspend my license how will that affect me in my life?

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

1

Answered . The length of the suspension is determined by the points you accumulate. It cannot be changed. An attorney might be able to get rid of enough of the convictions to make it go away. Otherwise you should go to the Secretary of State and request a permit. Since you have prior suspensions you don't qualify for a probationary licens but only the restricted permit

2. Mitchell Scott Sexner

Pro

Answered . You need to have an experienced attorney look at your driving record to see if any of the convictions can be turned into supervisions by motioning the cases back to court. Most criminal attorneys will not charge you for this initial consultation.
    Sincerely,

Attorney Mitchell S. Sexner
    Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC /o
    Defending your rights since 1990
    1 (800) 996 -4824
    Email: : msslawoffices@sbcglobal.net
    Website: Criminal and Traffic Attorneys