Can i get a drivers license in dallas,texas if im a habitual traffic offender in florida?

Miami, FL |

my license has been suspended since 1993 for "DWLS"driving while license suspended.ive been classified as a habitual traffic i would like to know if its possible to obtain a valid drivers license in texas..Thank

When you are classified as a Habitual Traffic Offender, you become eligible to get a license after a 5 year suspension. Clear up whatever you need to in Florida then you will be able to get a license else where. Your question about whether or not you can get a license in Texas should be asked to Texas license attorneys. Change your location and re-post to get answers from Texas. However, all states will honor a court ordered suspension. Good Luck

Although AVVO answers provide a starting point, nothing replaces the opinion of a qualified DUI defense attorney knowledgable about the Judges and prosecutors near you. You should consult a local lawyer for legal advice.

If your license is suspended in Florida, it is unlikely you will be able to get one in Texas until you clear up that suspension. Most states are part of a compact that prevents forum shopping by suspended drivers.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

If Texas and Florida share a compact you will not be able to get dl in Texas. Ask a Texan lawyer or DMV in Texas.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets