Can i get a driver's license ?

Asked over 4 years ago - Myrtle Beach, SC

i have a case . i filed for an i-360 in September. my case is pending i have already received 2 notices from the USCIS but the DMV at myrtle beach or conway here in south carolina wont give me a driver's license ... i need to drive to get to work which immigration knows i work i need to get food and move around but they wont let me have a driver's license saying that i have to wait for my green card which who knows how long i can wait for . police stopped me and said if they stop me again with an international driver's license they ll take me to jail...where do i go ???? im confused ...

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . See if you can file for the I-485(if you were married to US citizen). Together with the I-485, you can file for the EAD (work permit). Once you get the work permit, you can get your SSN and you shall be able to get a DL>

    Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief

    Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain
    to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,511 answers this week

2,936 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,511 answers this week

2,936 attorneys answering