Can I get a divorce when im pregnant before the baby is born?

Fredericksburg, TX |

I have been seperated from my husband in over 2 years and he is a 2 time felon and just recently got out of prison and thats around the time when i found out me and my boyfriend are expecting a child and im now filing for divorce because i dont want cps to take my baby because im still technically married to a felon who is a sex offender. Am I able to get a divorce before the babies born??

Yes. Why not. No law against getting divorced if you're pregnant. There are obviously other potential issues with your whole situation though. Consult with local family law/divorce attorneys.

BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

You can file but many family courts will not finalize the divorce until after you give birth.