Can I get a divorce from my abusive husband without him finding me?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New Port Richey, FL

I left him over 5 years ago and moved out of state to Florida almost 3 years ago. I want a divorce but, I don't want him to find me. We have no under-aged children and my name is still on the mortgage of the house in Illinois that he still lives in, which I hear is in foreclosure. I want nothing except to be rid of him.....what can I do?

1. John Arthur Smitten

2

Answered . Yes you can ask the clerk to maintain your address as confidential since you have no minor kids together

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

1

Answered . Yes there is protections in place to list your address as confidential within the court file and pleadings. Hiring an attorney is also something that will help protect you.

3. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

2

Answered . Consult a Florida divorce attorney. There are provisions in the law to protect your address from the filing if you are a victim of domestic abuse.