Can I get a dissolution if my husband is incarcerated?

Rittman, OH |
Filed under: Divorce

he is incarcerated for charges of a sexual nature against my daughter. there is a restraining order against him for me and the children. i cannot afford an attorney as i am a single mother of 6. i want to get this done asap, and want to avoid full divorce if possible due to costs.

You need his agreement to do a dissolution. You however can do an uncontested divorce without his agreement and it is not much different than a disolution. The cost difference is also negligible. It is the fact that there are children that adds expense.

I am a attaching articles on divorce I published here.

Good luck and vote up this answer and the articles if you find them helpful

This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be protected by attorney-client privilege or work product doctorine. However, the mere receipt of this answer, alone, is not sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this answerer is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this answer. Should the reader have any questions please feel free to contact Attorney Kotler at TBKotler@sbcglobal.net or 330-777-0065 Thank you and please indicate if you found this answer and / or the link(s) helpful.

The only way you can do an dissolution IF he shows up at court. In you case that seems fairly unlikely. So you must file a divorce. The court will set a date. I suggest that you speak to your local court. Some Courts will have a paralegal to assist you.

Best of luck

Legal disclaimer: The response does not form an attorney-client relationship. Further, the response is not intended to create nor does it create a duty to answer additional questions. The response should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney Sommers is licensed to practice law only in the State of Ohio. All responses are based solely on Ohio law unless stated otherwise

NO. You cannot get a dissolution as he NEEDS to appear in court for a dissolution to be finalized. You would have to file for divorce, and have his served with the documents. You do face some challenges. If you cannot afford an attorney legal aid may help. They especially help in cases of violence. Otherwise you are on your own and that is never a good situation.

The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Based on this response no attorney-client relationship has been formed. If your matter is in Cuyahoga County or surrounding counties, we invite you to contact us. Please visit our website at www.kirnerandboldt.com. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time and attorney-client relationship is formed. Attorneys in this firm are only licensed to practice in the state of Ohio and have no specific information as to the laws and rules of other states and none of the information provided is intended to be applied to the laws of other states.