Can I get a court order to help my adult child with her bipolar disorder?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I've tried helping her with her children. I have lost jobs to stay home with her. I've tried calling an ambulance when she threatened to kill herself. I have called police when she has gotten violent. I am at my wits end. I need help.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Charles Anthony Rick

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You will either need to meet with a family law attorney in Philadelphia regarding guardianship options, or you could file for custody of her children. In any event, you do have some options here.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,449 answers this week

3,120 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,449 answers this week

3,120 attorneys answering