Skip to main content

Can I get a concealed weapons carry permit with a misdemeanor?

Rochester, NY |
Filed under: Civil rights

misdemanor was a plea down from a felony to endangering the welfare of a child.

Attorney Answers 1


Not likely. You might consult with a local attorney who has experience in obtaining permits for clients, as opposed to the capability to do so, and ask whether first obtaining a certificate of relief from disabilities would be advantageous.

Some county court judges will consider such an application accompanied with a letter of explanation, but you should realize the circumstances you describe are a huge hurdle.

What if judges routinely granted permits to people who had a record of violence, and even just one of those people committed an illegal act while armed?

There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this communication. If you find this information helpful, please check "Positive" or"Plus" or"Up" on the box below. You may contact me at 1-(607) 773-0758, or by e-mail through this site if you wish to follow up confidentially.

Mark as helpful

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics