Can I get a concealed weapons carry permit with a misdemeanor?

Rochester, NY |
Filed under: Civil rights

misdemanor was a plea down from a felony to endangering the welfare of a child.

Not likely. You might consult with a local attorney who has experience in obtaining permits for clients, as opposed to the capability to do so, and ask whether first obtaining a certificate of relief from disabilities would be advantageous.

Some county court judges will consider such an application accompanied with a letter of explanation, but you should realize the circumstances you describe are a huge hurdle.

What if judges routinely granted permits to people who had a record of violence, and even just one of those people committed an illegal act while armed?

There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this communication. If you find this information helpful, please check "Positive" or"Plus" or"Up" on the box below. You may contact me at 1-(607) 773-0758, or by e-mail through this site if you wish to follow up confidentially.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights