Can I get a Commercial Driver License for the first time with 2 DUI's in California

Asked over 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I have never had CDL but my current job requires me to have one. My first DUI was in 2007 and my second one was in 2008 and got an early termination on my informal probation to get the job.

------------
UMMMM.... all you attorney's need to really do your homework and quit taking peoples money if you cant do your jobs right(not to be rude but I've had bad experiences with LAZY attorneys). I Went today to get my Class A license permit and was accepted. I Called DMV driver safety Dept and Commercial dept and they both said yes i am eligible considering I have never obtained a Commercial license. The Rules are for those who have the commercial license and get 2 DUI's.....I know it doesn't make sense but i have my Class A permit as of today so I ques your all wrong. I appreciate your answers but please reply only if your from California. I wouldn't post this for shits and giggles.

1. David Jon Pullman

6

Answered . No, you are banned for life from driving a commercial vehicle if you have more than one DUI. Vehicle Code section 15302.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

3

Answered . Mr. Pullman is correct you will not be able to get a commercial driver’s license since you have 2 DUI convictions; there is no way around it.
    Robert Driessen

3. Jon Martin Pettis

3

Answered . Two DUI convictions means a lifetime ban on getting a commercial driver's license. You could try and get your record expunged, but that should not affect your DMV record which is what matters.

4. Mitchell Scott Sexner

Pro

2

Answered . Not a chance.