Can I get a B2 visa if I married a US citizen?

Santa Ana, CA |

I first came to the US through J1 visa and is subject to 2year home residency requirement. Later I changed to F1 visa. I got married to a US citizen before completing my two years home residency requirement.

1. I think I need more information in order to answer your question. Have you since returned to your home country to begin completing your home residency requirement and you want to apply for a visa at the U.S. consulate there? Or are you still in the U.S. and want to change status to B1/B2?

2. You are still subject to the two year home residency requirement. Getting a B2 visa will also be more difficult if you are married to a U.S. citizen. You will need to go out of your way to show your intent to return home at the end of your visa period. This can be through pre-purchase of return plane tickets, evidence of a residence, job, and family abroad. It sounds like a complex situation and you should consult with an immigration attorney for an exact answer.