Can i get a 20 mph over speeding ticket reduced to parking on pavement.

Asked about 5 years ago - Albany, NY

I also got a seat belt violation, and due to being very pregnant and large, he said i could get that taken off.

1. Glenn Warren Magnell

Answered . There is no precise answer to your question. It is possible to get a 20 mph over ticket reduced to "parking on pavement" depending on what jurisdiction is involved and what your driving record is like. Some courts/prosecutors will not reduce tickets like your to a non-moving (no points) violation, some will. If your seat belt ticket was given at the same time you can probably, under the circumstances, get that "covered" by what whatever plea bargain you can reach with the prosecutor/cop. Be aware that if your ticket was issued in a city where there is a "traffic violatios bureau" (NYC, Buffalo) there is no plea bargaining.

You may want to consider contacting a traffic lawyer to discuss your situation.

2. Matthew Jay Weiss

Answered . It is possible and really depends on the court. In what town is your case pending? Some courts will offer such pleas others will not.

In regard to your seat belt ticket, your pregnancy does not excuse your failure to use it. The good news is that this is a 0 point ticket.

I hope this helps but, if you have any further questions, feel free to call us.

Matthew Weiss
    212-683-7373