Can I gain custody of my grandson ?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Strongstown, PA

My daughter & her husband split in Oct of 2010 the husband filed for custody than gained an emergency court order. In Nov my daughter did not go to the custody hearing. Her husband was granted custody of my grand son. Since Nov. both have countless criminal charges. My daughter is telling everything she knows so they will give her a deal. Her husband's newest set of charges are Arson causing danger of death or injury, arson to collect insurance, and reckless burning all felony's. I called and ask the county where the custody was granted if I could file for custody due to those charges I was told no it is between the parents. I have tried to have contact with my grandson I have been denied that thus far from his father.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Laura Kaye Robbins

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Grandparents DO have rights in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I highly suggest you retain an attorney so that you can get sound legal advice before going forward. I wish you the best of luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering