Skip to main content

Can I foreit my parental rights (Child support nor health insurance is not my corcern)?

Columbus, OH |

Visitation set, name on child's birth cert. When visitation was granted, I asked judge "what do I do if she does not abide by order" The judge said "dont worry she will"
For years, mother has frequently interfered w/ visitation and comm. Our 10yr old son was born out of wedlock & mother has had anywhere bwtn 15-20 live-in sex partners. She has allowed 2 to hit our child. She has a Felony/Misdemenor record & DUI all in the last 2 years. She admitted on record she suffers from a mental disabilty that controls her life. She has trained my son to distant himself from me & family. She only calls me to displine my son, and thats it. I have an attorney seeking custody, but I dont feel confident b/c my son has lived w/ her since birth & she is preping him as I type. She is not afraid of court.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Since you already have an attorney then you need to ask him/her these questions. If you already have an attorney then we really cannot give you legal advice.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Without getting into any specific concerns, unless the minor child is adopted by someone else, no court will let you sign away your parental rights.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer