Can I fly if I'm on bond and my bondsman has agreed to let me travel out of the state?

Ridgeland, MS |

I was arrested on a public drunk and disorderly charge. I bonded out and my bondsman said I could travel out of the state. I called my municipal court and I was told that it was my bondsman's duty to make sure I showed up to court, so I could travel outside the state. I will be flying in the next few days and I a little worried that I'm going to be surprised when I try to board the plane.

1. Unless the court order specifically prohibited you from leaving the state, there should be no problem. D&D is not a felony and there is not reason to assume you were restricted.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.