Can I Fly From Texas To Oregon If I Just Got My Mexican Passport??

Dallas, TX |

hi im married to a us citizen and we want to go to oregon would it be a problem if i just got my mexican passport but no visa??

Your passport is a government issued identification that the airlines will accept. However, it is not a guarantee that you will not be subject to detention by immigration. If you are eligible to apply for residency, maybe you should file first. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Travel while out of status COULD (but not always) result in detention by CBP at the airport. I would get your application in the pipeline first. You do not give enough information to determine whether you can even apply affirmatively for residency. A lawyer can review the case for you to be sure. If you do NOT qualify to apply, you could be deported, even though you are married to a U.S. Citizen. Good luck!

If you are married to a USC, much better to file first, get a receipt notice, then travel,

713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full details of the case.

Only if you are in valid immigration status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration