Can I Fly From Texas To Oregon If I Just Got My Mexican Passport??

Asked almost 3 years ago - Dallas, TX

hi im married to a us citizen and we want to go to oregon would it be a problem if i just got my mexican passport but no visa??

1. William D. Fong

Answered . If you are married to a USC, much better to file first, get a receipt notice, then travel,

2. Javier G Pineda

Answered . Your passport is a government issued identification that the airlines will accept. However, it is not a guarantee that you will not be subject to detention by immigration. If you are eligible to apply for residency, maybe you should file first. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Sean Lewis

Answered . Travel while out of status COULD (but not always) result in detention by CBP at the airport. I would get your application in the pipeline first. You do not give enough information to determine whether you can even apply affirmatively for residency. A lawyer can review the case for you to be sure. If you do NOT qualify to apply, you could be deported, even though you are married to a U.S. Citizen. Good luck!

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Only if you are in valid immigration status.