Can I Fly From Texas To Oregon If I Just Got My Mexican Passport??

Asked about 3 years ago - Dallas, TX

hi im married to a us citizen and we want to go to oregon would it be a problem if i just got my mexican passport but no visa??

Attorney answers (4)

  1. William D. Fong

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . If you are married to a USC, much better to file first, get a receipt notice, then travel,

    713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full... more
  2. Javier G Pineda

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Your passport is a government issued identification that the airlines will accept. However, it is not a guarantee that you will not be subject to detention by immigration. If you are eligible to apply for residency, maybe you should file first. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

    714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be... more
  3. Sean Lewis

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Travel while out of status COULD (but not always) result in detention by CBP at the airport. I would get your application in the pipeline first. You do not give enough information to determine whether you can even apply affirmatively for residency. A lawyer can review the case for you to be sure. If you do NOT qualify to apply, you could be deported, even though you are married to a U.S. Citizen. Good luck!

  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Only if you are in valid immigration status.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,021 answers this week

2,956 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,021 answers this week

2,956 attorneys answering