Skip to main content

Can I fix my parents papers, i am a US citizen?

Athens, GA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I am 18 years of age, currently working. I graduated high school, and my question is that my mom and dad have work permits but they would like to become residents, at what aqe can I fix them, their papers?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


At age 21years or over.
You are welcome to use the link provided below.
Good luck.


It sounds like your parents entered the U.S. lawfully with nonimmigrant visas that permit them to work here. Assuming that is correct, when you reach age 21 you should be able to petition for them to adjust status to become Lawful Permanent Residents (get a "Green Card") in the Immediate Relative category, for which there is no waiting list for visas.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 *

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer