Skip to main content

Can i find my own lawyer instead of my state attorney???

Cape Coral, FL |

My house was robbed by my ex fiancee's ex wife, and i have state attorney who is representing me but im not comfortable with her, can i find my lawyer?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Not in that context- she represents the State, not you. You could have an independent attorney and sue her for civil theft as well.

  2. You can hire a lawyer to represent you as the VICTIM and coordinate with the State attorney throughout the entire criminal process.

    John S. Riordan, Esq.
    West Palm Beach, FL
    (561) 650-8291

    John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

  3. You can not for the criminal claim. The government pursues the charges against the defendant. However, if you have a civil claim for damages your own attorney can handle.

    Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics