Skip to main content

Can I find and collect rent from a foreigner who is somewhere in the U.S. on a student visa?

New York, NY |

The foreigner has a SSN, but I don't know the number.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Not an immigration question ... and very, very difficult to do.

    IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Not an immigration question. Post on landlord tenant page.
    I can tell you that a persons immigration status has no bearing on a lawsuit to collect rent.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics