Skip to main content

Can I fill out the online immigrant visa application and then submit the civil documents?

Stockbridge, GA |

I am at the stage where I submit my husband's civil documents and visa applications the $230 visa processing fee has already been paid. Can I fill out the ds-260 online and then submit the civil documents by mail? My husband currently is abroad in Germany.

Attorney Answers 3


NVC provides you with very detailed instructions. You should follow those to the letter.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


It imperative to follow the instructions from NVC to the letter.
Good luck

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


You must read the detailed instructions very carefully. They include information about whether documents must be submitted by mail or email.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics