Can i fill out "community property with right of survivorship" documents?

Asked over 1 year ago - Redwood City, CA

or do i need to go to a professional to fill out the forms?
i know i have to have the forms notorized. but can i obtains the forms myslef? if so, where do i get them?

1. Steven Matlin Greenwood

5

Answered . The lack of facts provided leaves a lot of possible ambiguity but to answer the questions directly, YES, you can prepare the document itself assuming you have the knowledge on how to do so. Forms are readily available on the internet. The problem is knowing which type of deed to use, making sure the deed is properly prepared and recorded. Breaking the current form of tenancy MAY be an issue, avoidance of documentary transfer tax or unnecessary reassessment should also be considered. Frankly, I would think that for the relatively small fee payable to a competent attorney, you would prefer the peace of mind knowing it was done right. One wrong move and you could create a real BIG problem. Hope this helps.

2. Craig Martin Scalise

2

Answered . Agree with Attorney Greenwood. Please see an attorney.

3. James P. Frederick

Answered . I have never heard of community property with right of survivorship. If you are serious about setting this up properly, and I do not know what you would not bem especially if this is your house, then you should really meet with an attorney.

James Frederick