Skip to main content

Can i file my own early parole papers

Philadelphia, PA |

doing 11-23 m have 15 months in on gun and drugs case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It would be much smarter to go back to the attorney who represented in court. This is not an easy process so you should maximize your efforts by having an experienced criminal defense attorney.


Technically the answer is yes you can file your own papers. However, when defendants file pro se the petition usually just gets filed and never given a court date because in Philadelphia after the motion is filed it must be brought to the judge for a court date.

John M Walsh, Esquire
2101 Pine St
Philadelphia, PA 19103


Yes, you can. However, you are well advised to have your attorney file. Especially if you wish to have the petition considered in a timely fashion.


See my answer to the other posting of this question.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer