Can I file motion to compel and motion to enter default divorce on already schedule hearing date for bifurcation of status?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Trial Setting Conference continued by judge to fall on Bifurcation of marital status hearing date falling 3 months later. My spouse filed response but not cooperating and did not exchange any disclosures which I already did. Also did not show up on TSC. Can I file a motion to compel now and also a motion to enter default divorce so that both these can also be heard on TSC/Bifurcation date.

1. Anthony Allen Roach

1

Best Answer

Answered . You cannot have your spouse's default taken if your spouse has filed a response to the petition.

If you do not have a declaration of disclosure from your spouse, you need to use the procedures set forth in Family Code section 2107 to make them comply.

With respect to the failure to show up at the trial setting conference, you should familiarize yourself with any local rules of the court where your divorce is pending. Local rules sometimes impose sanctions for a spouse who fails to show up at a trial setting conference, including evidentiary sanctions at trial.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . I agree with David, let the Judge know at the TSC

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

4. David Alexander Browde

Pro

2

Answered . Motion practice is not something best done pro se, especially when you apparently don't understand the term continuance. But if you want to play lawyer, file all the motions you want.