Can I file Injured spouse with hr block and emerald advance.

Mansfield, OH |
Filed under: Tax law

I file married jointly with my husband he owes taxes so I have to file injured spouse so the IRS don't take all of the refund I wanted to do hr block emarld advance am I able to do that even though I'm not always guaranted a refund?

This is something they can likely do. You can also download a Form 8379 and fill out your own to include with your return. They should be able to answer any questions as this is a pretty simple request.

Christopher Larson
Insight Law
Tax Attorney
Renton Tax Attorney
Lynnwood Tax Attorney
Redmond Tax Attorney
Snohomish Tax Attorney
Washington State Tax Attorney
Bremerton Tax Attorney
Tacoma Tax Lawyer
Des Moines Tax Attorney
Seattle Tax Lawyer
Bellevue Tax Lawyer
Everett Tax Lawyer

If you are experiencing economic harm or a systemic problem, or are seeking help in resolving tax problems that have not been resolved through normal channels, you may be eligible for assistance. You can call 1-877-777-4778 for the Taxpayer Advocate Service or you can file Form 911. In addition, you may be eligible for assistance at low-income taxpayer clinic. There is such a clinic in Cleveland, Ohio – The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland 1-888-873-9665.

The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. The general information in this answer is not intended to be nor should it be treated as tax, legal, or accounting advice. Additional issues could exist that would affect the tax treatment of a specific transaction and, therefore, taxpayers should seek advice from an independent tax advisor based on their particular circumstances before acting on any information presented. This information is not intended to be nor can it be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult a qualified attorney. CHRISTIN BUCCI, Esq., CPA, LL.M. is an experienced tax attorney with offices located in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Florida, who is licensed to practice law in Florida, Ohio and the District of Columbia.