Can I file indigent in Tennessee on my court cost while im on state probation? Im suppose to get off in August 2013

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashville, TN

My probation expires in august, but I owe 3000 dollars. How can I file indigent. Im a server, and I make 2.37 a hr

1. William Kevin Hodges

2

Answered . You can always petition the court you were convicted in to reduce or do away with your court costs. I think that it is highly unlikely that the costs will be done away with. All you can do is ask the judge. Obviously, the assistance of an attorney would be invaluable to help you with the procedures. Good luck to you.

2. William Joseph Bell

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Hodges. Additionally, you should be aware that unless these costs are waived by the judge or paid in full by August 2013, your probation will likely be extended. Also note, a person's driver's license can be suspended for failure to pay court costs within one year.