Can I file For divorce without no lawyer?

Gainesville, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

im 22 years old and i have 3 kids and i need help... I have been married for the last 5 goin on 6 years but we have been sperated for the last 5 years ( we basically got married then split) he had another baby by another women and as well as me i also had another baby by another man.. but enough with that i am in need of help would i dont have any money and i really want this divorce to go thru what should i do and who should i go thru with.. But my kids dont live with me at all 2 of my kids live with his mother and and the other stays with her daddy will i beable to do anything about getting help im scared and dont want to be married anymore please help me what should i do please help..

Hes has also agrred on the divorce himself.. but i dont know what to do i have the divorce packet but im not sure what to write say do or anything please help me.. thanks..

1. Yes, you can file for a divorce without an attorney. It may be possible for you to consult with a local attorney just to review the divorce packet with you so you understand what you need to do. That should not be too expensive. You can search the attorney profiles here on Avvo to find someone in your area. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

2. I would highly recommend that you seek the assistance of an attorney in this matter. However, you may file for divorce and proceed on your own as a Pro Se Party. The divorce may become complicated since there are potentially three children that will be involved in the proceeding. Furthermore, since children are involved you have the additional consideration of custody.I thoroughly understand your economic situation. The best advice I can give you is to try to find a law firm that offers document drafting assistance for Pro Se parties. Law firms provide this service for people who need the help of an attorney but who cannot afford full representation. Also, you may want to consult with an attorney about what forms you need so you are better able to fill them out for yourself. The costs for these services will depend upon the particular firm, and the exact factual situation surrounding the divorce. However, they will be substantially less than full representation and may be affordable for your situation. If you have any additonal questions feel free to call my firm, we will provide you with a free 20 minute TELEPHONE consultation. Best of Luck.

TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A CONSULTATION CALL 904-309-8461 NOTHING IN THIS ANSWER IS INTENDED TO CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP NOR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A SUBSTITUTE FOR AN IN PERSON CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY/THIS ANSWER IS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN AS LEGAL ADVICE, ALL PARTIES POSTING QUESTIONS ARE HIGHLY ADVISED TO IMMEDIATELY SEEK COUNSEL TO REMEDY THEIR LEGAL PROBLEMS less

TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A CONSULTATION CALL 904-309-8461 NOTHING IN THIS ANSWER IS INTENDED TO CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP NOR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A SUBSTITUTE FOR AN IN PERSON CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY/THIS ANSWER IS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN AS LEGAL ADVICE, ALL PARTIES POSTING QUESTIONS ARE HIGHLY ADVISED TO IMMEDIATELY SEEK COUNSEL TO REMEDY THEIR LEGAL PROBLEMS

3. Yes, you can always file for a divorce without an attorney. Try legal aid in Gainesville or Three Rivers Legal Services. (http://www.trls.org/)

JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya
    www.jmplawyer.com
    junior@jmplawyer.com

Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about my qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.