Can I file for citizenship while I owe back CA state taxes.

Fremont, CA |

My pay check has been garnished by the state for monthly payment,is garnishment considered as a payment plane?is garnishment bad as a prove of paying back what I owe??

You should have an attorney review your case before you file for naturalization. This is essential. Generally, however, if you are on a payment plan and working to pay your taxes you will be able to file for naturalization. However, you must have a full review of your situation with a qualified and experienced immigration attorney.

I agree, you may be allowed to file for citizenship, but your application will not be quick and it will require very careful preparation even if you are qualified.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

No, you need to be current with the taxes. Consult an immigration attorney in CA.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law