Can i file for a hardship waiver so my husband can wait here in US for his resident?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bellport, NY

I am a US citizen i have a seizure disorder and take medication for this , i have a 2 year old son and another baby on the way , me and my husband have been married for 3 he is from Ecuador and came to US illegal

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

14

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. Gintare Grigaite

8

1

Answered . From the information that you gave here, it appears that your husband may be eligible for the new waiver, which will be available for filing by March 4, 2013. However, in order to apply for the waiver, you must first apply for him, by filing Immigrant Petition for Alien Relative with USCIS, and after that is approved, he will qualify to apply for a waiver while in the United States. I highly recommend that you meet with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the process.

3. Irene Vaisman

8

1

Answered . If unlawful entry and presence are the only issues, sounds like he is a candidate for the provisional waiver. And I always say this, but unfortunately the medical hardship cases are always the stronger cases, it is unfortunately because someone is ill. I strongly urge you to work with an experienced attorney as even the stronger cases need much careful preparation.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

9

1

Answered . it sounds like you and your husband may qualufy for a waiver. The new application that allows your husband to remain in the USA does not come out until the first week in March. However, now is the tine to begin preparing to file. You will need other petitions and applications in addition to a waiver.

5. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

5

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. However, if there are issues beyond the overstay (I.e., arrests), that will also impact your case.

Further, while medical issues rate high on the scale as a qualifier, collateral issues such as finances, education and like like are also significant factors.

Do consult an experienced migration attorney for guidance.

6. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Good question. Hard problem, which, however, calls for a very brief answer: no he cannot and probably will not be able to in any foreseeable future. Even under the provisions of the provisional waiver regulations, provided he is qualified, he will still have to travel outside at some point, to seek admission as an immigrant.