Can i file for a hardship divorce over 20 yrs and 14 yrs of separation?

Asked over 2 years ago - Little Rock, AR

my spouse has bi-polar and refuses to be treated for it and this has been a hardship for my two kids and my self.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kathryn L. Hudson


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have been separated for more than eighteen months without cohabitation you can obtain a "no-fault' divorce from your spouse and be awarded child support, possibly alimony, and an equitable distribution of your marital property. If you have not been separated for eighteen months you can still obtain a divorce by alleging grounds, most use the grounds of "general indignities" which allege that life in the marriage became intolerable.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,555 answers this week

3,047 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,555 answers this week

3,047 attorneys answering