Skip to main content

Can I file bankruptcy on a judgement ordered from a court

Houston, TX |

I moved out of an apartment complex and gave then a 29 day notice instead of 30 days as the contract says so the judge ordered me to pay the months rent plus late charges the complex wanted. Can I file bankruptcy on that along with hospital bills and an education loan ( truck driving school)?? if so can you refer me to a good lawyer?

What is the best action to take to file Bankrutcy? I would like to clear my credit and start over due to Divorce. Help!! I need to find a b/r attorney

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Bankruptcy will most likely discharge this type of debt. However, whether it's a good idea or not depends on your whole financial situation - how much property you have, the type of property, your income and the amount and type of your debts. Generally, student loans are not dischargeable.

I can give you a referral for a lawyer who does this type of work, if you still need it. Be prepared with a list of everything you own, with values, and all of your debts, with amounts, account numbers, and the address of the creditor.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer