Can I file as self employed

Asked about 1 year ago - Roslyn, NY

I work for a Jewish family they will not pay on the books. I have been here for 9 months they are really great I want to file my taxes can I file self employed without using them 3 times a week i babysit at my house.

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Yes.

2. John P Corrigan

2

Answered . Jayson is brief but correct....failure on the part of your employer to abide by the law is not an for you not to report your income. Accordingly, you would file Schedule C and Schedule SE to report the income from your services as well as the self employment taxes on top.

3. Eric Sanders

1

Answered . Do they pay you in cash? It sounds like they are trying to evade the labor law. This is an open question.