Can I file an I - 130 for my husband , who is Argentinian , from the US embassy in Mexico ?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

We currently live in Mexico.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 8

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you visit the US Embassy website for the specific location you are interested in you can usually find out who is eligible to go through consular processing at that location and what visas will be handled. Policies can vary from consulate to consulate.

  2. 7

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Follow the instructions on where to send the application but oyu can file from Mexico

  3. 7

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree that the website can be helpful. As a general matter Mexican port may accommodate such request

  4. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,050 answers this week

3,894 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,050 answers this week

3,894 attorneys answering