Can I file an EEOC complaint even if i quit my job?

Woodbridge, VA |

I believe that I was treated differently from my colleagues. I was held to a different standard. I was falsely accused.

1. It is legal to treat people differently. It is not legal to discriminate based on age or gender etc...

2. There are not enough facts here. You will want to consult with an attorney who can ascertain details of the situation and advise as to whether an EEOC complaint would be likely to succeed or fail.

Cassie L. Baudean, Esq. Baudean Law, PLLC 9962 Brook Road, #654 Glen Allen, Virginia 23059 (p) (804) 447-0146 (f) (804) 447-0164 clbaudean@baudeanlaw.com Also located in Chesapeake, VA. Answers contained herein are to be considered general information and are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed by answering your question. You should seek advice from a licensed attorney to have a complete and proper answer to your legal question.

3. You have 300 days from leaving your job to file a claim with the EEOC. So yes, you can file it.