Can I file an EEOC charge and another charge under Michigan department of civil rights at the same time or wait EEOC investigate

Asked about 1 year ago - Troy, MI

the charge was before 4 months and the employer made extension I may not mediate due to employer's continuous action looks like Human Resources made internal through investigation on behalf of the mediate managers I kept applying for jobs and being denied from open positions, transfer to other store and promotions and hostile environment and cutting hours

1. Joel B. Sklar

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Typically, the MDCR and EEOC serve a similar function and you should be able to receive a right to sue letter from the EEOC if the MDCR decides not to pursue the action. Call your MDCR investigator to make sure you can get a right to sue letter if you want to file a lawsuit in Fed. Ct. I find that federal courts are a bit kinder to plaintiffs than Michigan courts. You will need a right to sue letter if you intend to file a lawsuit in Federal Court.

2. James M. Osak

Answered . Take your paperwork to a local employment attorney to discuss.
    See: www.contingencyattorneymi.com
    Good luck!