Can I file an EEOC charge and another charge under Michigan department of civil rights at the same time or wait EEOC investigate

Troy, MI |

the charge was before 4 months and the employer made extension I may not mediate due to employer's continuous action looks like Human Resources made internal through investigation on behalf of the mediate managers I kept applying for jobs and being denied from open positions, transfer to other store and promotions and hostile environment and cutting hours

Typically, the MDCR and EEOC serve a similar function and you should be able to receive a right to sue letter from the EEOC if the MDCR decides not to pursue the action. Call your MDCR investigator to make sure you can get a right to sue letter if you want to file a lawsuit in Fed. Ct. I find that federal courts are a bit kinder to plaintiffs than Michigan courts. You will need a right to sue letter if you intend to file a lawsuit in Federal Court.

Please be advised that there is no attorney-client relationship between us. No attorney-client relationship exists between us until an engagement agreement has been fully executed by both of us. There may be statute of limitations issues and other factors that may impact your legal rights and remedies. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is otherwise not to be relied upon for any purpose.

2. Take your paperwork to a local employment attorney to discuss.
    See: www.contingencyattorneymi.com
    Good luck!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.