Can I file an amended financial affidavit?

New Port Richey, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

My financial situation has changed and I wanted to submit an amended financial affidavit. I am representing myself and am not sure what to do. My husband has a lawyer and unfortunetly with being a single mom now and not recieving support from him I can not afford an attorney. What are my rights on submitting new forms? Is there a limit on how many times I can change paperwork? We hasve not gone to mediation or anything yet, my divorce is a complete stand still.

1. If your financial situation has changed, yes, you should do a new financial affidavit.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

2. Youe are required to file an updated financial affidavit if your circumstances change.

3. There is not a limit, you should update your financial affidavit as circumstances change. If you need another copy, the forms are located at: http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/family/forms_rules/index.shtml

Russell G. Marlowe, New Port Richey, Florida (727 847-0055. Mr. Marlowe is an attorney with 24 years experiences who practices primarily in the family law courts. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs

4. In fact you are obligated under the rules to file amended financial disclosure if it changes during the time the case is pending. You should call me or some lawyer even though you can't afford a lawyer before making the decision to go it alone. My number is 813-247-1900.

5. You should file an amended financial affidavit in the event your financial situation has changed or in the event you discover that you made an error in the preparation of your original affidavit. As an aside, depending on the facts of your case, you may be able to obtain a court order directing your husband to contribute toward payment of your attorneys' fees. It would be wise to speak to an attorney regarding your rights and options before proceeding any further.