Can I file an amended financial affidavit?

Asked about 2 years ago - New Port Richey, FL

My financial situation has changed and I wanted to submit an amended financial affidavit. I am representing myself and am not sure what to do. My husband has a lawyer and unfortunetly with being a single mom now and not recieving support from him I can not afford an attorney. What are my rights on submitting new forms? Is there a limit on how many times I can change paperwork? We hasve not gone to mediation or anything yet, my divorce is a complete stand still.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Heather Morcroft

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If your financial situation has changed, yes, you should do a new financial affidavit.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this... more
  2. Gary A. Hewetson

    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should file an amended financial affidavit in the event your financial situation has changed or in the event you discover that you made an error in the preparation of your original affidavit. As an aside, depending on the facts of your case, you may be able to obtain a court order directing your husband to contribute toward payment of your attorneys' fees. It would be wise to speak to an attorney regarding your rights and options before proceeding any further.

  3. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Youe are required to file an updated financial affidavit if your circumstances change.

  4. Russell George Marlowe


    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . There is not a limit, you should update your financial affidavit as circumstances change. If you need another copy, the forms are located at:

    Russell G. Marlowe, New Port Richey, Florida (727 847-0055. Mr. Marlowe is an attorney with 24 years experiences... more
  5. Joseph Julius Registrato


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . In fact you are obligated under the rules to file amended financial disclosure if it changes during the time the case is pending. You should call me or some lawyer even though you can't afford a lawyer before making the decision to go it alone. My number is 813-247-1900.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,258 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,258 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering