Can i file alienation of affection or criminal conversation against my husbands girlfriend

Asked 12 months ago - Elkhart, IN

can anything be filed against husbands girlfriend she been told,showen and knows married choose to still fool around with repeatly for 3yrs now used excuse he told her he left me even though each time being told and showed still with his wife.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Timothy Alan Coe

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I think not. Courts don't really want to get involved in the personal lives of the parties. And criminal conversion is theft of property and people cannot be property. Since you asked this question in the divorce area I'd like to point out that Indiana is a no fault divorce state, meaning blame isn't assessed against one person or the other. Divorce is about dividing the property the couple has and making sure any children of the marriage are taken care of. Other issues, while they may come up, are really not the court's business.

    Best of luck!

  2. Katherine Elizabeth Flood


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Unfortunately, no - as frustrating as it is. Mr. Coe is right that the court will not concern itself with interpersonal matters like this, especially because Indiana is a no-fault divorce state. So in times like these, sometimes the best recourse is to be a strong believer that what goes around comes around. I'm sorry, but there's really no legal recourse here - against girlfriend OR your husband.

    Hang in there,

    FTA is failure to appear. It sounds like you're right - he may have had a court date he wasn't aware of. I'd recommend calling the court to confirm that's what happened, and have him speak with an Indiana family law attorney who practices in that county as well just to be sure. He also needs to make sure the divorce court has his current mailing address.

    Kate Flood
    Indianapolis divorce lawyer

    The foregoing is not intended to be specific legal advice, but rather general information. Because of the nature... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,834 answers this week

3,026 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,834 answers this week

3,026 attorneys answering