Can i file against the hospital my husband was in

Florala, AL |

my husband was in the hospital due to a heart attack they was going to transfer him to pensacola fl from florala alabama.they had him hooked up the a parcial pacemaker when they went to change him to the portable one for the helicopter it didnt work it was not charged instead of them hooking him back up to the other one they left it off him and didnt check his heart rate or pulse until ten minutes later n then they sent me out the room.the docter came out 5 minutes later n said there was nothing they could to..basicly to me it looks like they killed him instead of doing their jobthe funny thing is that the doctor wasnt even in there til the end it was nurses and the ems people

Sorry to hear about your loss. You need to get copies of all your husband’s medical records from the Alabama hospital ASAP and have them reviewed by a personal injury attorney experienced in handling medical malpractice cases.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

A local malpractice lawyer would need to order his medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

You should definately have the medical records reviewed by a medical malpractice attorney in your area. Best of luck

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Medical malpractice cases in Alabama and the State of Florida are very difficult. You will need to get all of your medical records and have a local attorney review them very quickly. In Alabama it is getting increasingly more difficult for an attorney to handle these cases due to time constraints and bad court rulings.

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be provides is greater than the quality of legal services to be provided by other attorneys. Any answers we give are based on what you might expect not any sort of guarantee. By answering a question we are not creating an attorney client relationship. All inquires are confidential

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes