Can I file adverse possession?

Frost, TX |

Bought some property from my parents and never had the deed transferred . They are both deceased . Dad 20 yrs and mom 11 yrs . I have receipts showing i paid . Was told they won't show proof of ownership . Have paid property taxes for 10yrs . Lived in the house 11 years and on property for 40 yrs . My brother decided he wants part of it after saying nothing for 10 yrs . Can I file adverse possession to get him to stop ? If not , what are my other options ? Quite title ?

Forgot to mention I have the deed to the land in my possession. It was given to me the day before my father passed. We were to go get it done the morning he passed.

1. Adverse possession can be a complicated issue. In Texas there are several ways to prove adverse possession. Although I handle mostly criminal defense now, I have handled a lot of real estate litigation in my career. Many attorneys like myself offer free consultations. You need to spend some time consulting with an attorney regarding this case. You may call me of you wish.

Todd Steele's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.