Can I file a suit against my ex if she lied on the affidavit submitted to the Non-Support Court?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Laplace, LA

My ex submitted an affidavit to the NonSupport Court stating that I had not paid ANY child support since 2006. When we went to court recently I was found in advance by $2000. She lied and I went through a lot of embarrassment at work and with friends trying to prove my innocence. Not to mention she was pushing for me to go to jail.

1. Bryan Grant Jeansonne

1

Answered . You would need to prove that she made statements in the affidavit that she knew were false. An affidavit is a sworn statement based on that person's information and belief. It is unlikely that she'll admit to lying in the affidavit so you'll need some documentation or witness testimony to prove that she knew she was making a false statement in the affidavit.