Skip to main content

Can I file a quit claim deed in the US for property owned and located in Barbados?

Maple Grove, MN |

My dad lives in the Bronx and wants to transfer title of property located in Barbados. Can he file a quit claim deed for the oversees property?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


No but that's not the real issue. The real issue is who are the people he wants to transfer title to (called the "grantees"). He would make out a deed here that meets the requirements of Barbados law, give it to the grantees, and they would send it to Barbados to register there. But he can "deliver" the deed to the grantees here if this is where the grantees live. An attorney who knows the deed requirements of Barbados would be your best help.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer