Can I file a petition to get my ex-girlfriend off the deed to my house. she is not on the loan

College Park, GA |

I pay the mortgage. she pays the household bills

1. Same answer as last two times. Apparently you are not reading them. Your girlfriend owns half the house. It is not "your house" because you chose to give her half. She might be asking the same question about getting you off the deed. When you post for the fourth time, the answer will be the same.

2. If she is not on the loan you can file legal action to force a sale of the home but the loan will have to be paid off in most circumstances. You should discuss with an attorney any options to try to settle this matter with your ex without resort to costly legal action.

Disclosure: This answer and any information contained in this answer is not intended to be treated as legal advice. It is for informational purposes to educate about legal issues. You should contact an attorney for specific legal advice for your situation. Specific legal advice based on full knowledge of your specific situation and all facts may differ from general information. This posting does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege of any kind. This attorney actively licensed only in the State of Georgia. If this is a Georgia matter, you may of course contact me to discuss possible representation. FEEDBACK: Both AVVO and other readers are interested in your feedback on the quality of the answers. Please check the “thumbs up” symbol if you find an answer helpful.