Can I file a petition to get my ex-girlfriend off the deed to my house. she is not on the loan

Asked over 1 year ago - College Park, GA

I pay the mortgage. she pays the household bills

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Scott Benjamin Riddle


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Same answer as last two times. Apparently you are not reading them. Your girlfriend owns half the house. It is not "your house" because you chose to give her half. She might be asking the same question about getting you off the deed. When you post for the fourth time, the answer will be the same.

  2. Kevin M. Veler

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If she is not on the loan you can file legal action to force a sale of the home but the loan will have to be paid off in most circumstances. You should discuss with an attorney any options to try to settle this matter with your ex without resort to costly legal action.

    Disclosure: This answer and any information contained in this answer is not intended to be treated as legal... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,001 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,001 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering