Can I file a petition for my mother who is in Mexico while I am unemployed?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I am a single mother of two, just became US citizen, I want to file a petition for my mother I was working in the same job for the last 7 years making betewen 35k and 45k a year, due to the country situation I lost my job last february, and I havent find one, I have been getting unemployment and working seasonal jobs on the farms and fields, so i would like to know if I can make a petition for my mother or if I have to wait until I find a stable job, I would like to bring her asap because my father just past away and shes by herself, but I am not sure if I can with my situation I. Thanx for your advice

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You can petition for your mother.

    However when it is time for her to come to the US, you will need a co-sponsor to meet the poverty guideline.

    This can be anyone who is wiling to help you.

    You are welcome to use the link provided below.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,050 answers this week

2,859 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,050 answers this week

2,859 attorneys answering