Can I file a personal injury claim?

Columbia, SC |

I bought the Sally's Face Secrets professional exfoliating facial pads to use as a facial cleaner. While using the pad on my face, the same day that I bought it, it took a huge piece of skin off my face in the middle of eyebrows. It's horrible I had to miss out on work because I didn't want it to get infected or more so the looks of it. I have been advised to put a silicone sheet on it to speed the healing, but this is very unfortunate. It looks and feels horrible, I would have never bought it if I knew it was so abrasive to skin even more so, used it.

1. You should contact a local personal injury/product liability lawyer in your area. A local lawyer will advise you about the viability of your case. If you missed worked because it didn't look good, you might not have a wage claim. But if the product caused you injury, then you should be able to recover for it IF certain conditions are met (you were using the product properly, you are not unusually susceptible, etc.). When it comes to any personal injury claim, the amount of damages are usually associated with the amount of medical costs that have accrued. If you have small or nominal medical costs, it might not be worth pursuing. Best of luck!

2. Consult in person with a local personal injury lawyer.

3. It sounds like a defective product case. There may even be a class action pending with this product. Google the product and see what comes up. You can also go to the FDA web site and see if there has been a recall or complaints. Also, you need to see a doctor to document and treat this condition. Hire a products liability/ personal injury lawyer ASAP. Good Luck!