Can I file a paupers affidavit to obtain a transcript from my juvenile court case.

Asked about 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I can not afford to pay for the transcript from my juvenile court hearing and I desperately need them. What steps can I take to get a copy of the transcript from the court reporter.

Additional information

The Judge added information into the order that he did not rule on in open court during my hearing. He specifically stated on the record that he would not give custody to my children's father; however 2 months later he modified the order and gave him joint custody. I really need a copy of my transcript.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . Generally, a transcript can be requested from the court reporter. You will normally have to pay for that, but there are some circumstances where you are entitled to a free copy. I recommend that you contact the court reporter and see what cost is involved and whether you have to pay for it.

    Nothing contained herein shall be considered or construed as creating an attorney client relationship between the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,239 answers this week

3,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,239 answers this week

3,756 attorneys answering