Can I file a paupers affidavit to obtain a transcript from my juvenile court case.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I can not afford to pay for the transcript from my juvenile court hearing and I desperately need them. What steps can I take to get a copy of the transcript from the court reporter.

The Judge added information into the order that he did not rule on in open court during my hearing. He specifically stated on the record that he would not give custody to my children's father; however 2 months later he modified the order and gave him joint custody. I really need a copy of my transcript.

1. David A. Canale

Pro

Answered . Generally, a transcript can be requested from the court reporter. You will normally have to pay for that, but there are some circumstances where you are entitled to a free copy. I recommend that you contact the court reporter and see what cost is involved and whether you have to pay for it.