Can I file a motion to vacate/dismiss in an unlawful detainer action on a foreclosed property post-order?

Minneapolis, MN |

I moved out of my foreclosed condo before the end of the redemption period. The bank pursued an unlawful detainer action anyway. I missed the hearing because they mailed the complaint to my vacated condo and I didnt receive notice until after the hearing. Judgment was for plaintiff. I dont care as much about expunging the order- I just dont want the plaintiff to now come after me for legal fees etc. Should I appeal the order? Or submit a motion to dismiss/vacate? What are the timelines/deadlines for this? Or do I wait and fight any small claims court complaint for legal fees/rent?

A complete answer would require several hours of legal work, between meeting you and opening a file and conducting background research. No attorney would do that for free.

Hello. Please contact a private attorney right away and the attorney will be happy to assist you with your needs. You should not delay in any regard in seeking attorney help and assistance for your needs, as you describe matters of great time urgency. you will lose certain rights by delay. This website provides general information and general principles of law and does not provide private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
Phone 612-296-9666

Twin Cities, Minnesota licensed attorney, Tricia Dwyer, Esq.: Phone 612-296-9666. CIVIL LAW, LAWSUITS, MOTION PRACTICE, REAL ESTATE LAW, FORECLOSURE LAW, EXPUNGEMENT LAW, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 - EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See www.dwyerlawfirm.net

Landlord-tenant topics