Can I file a motion to request early release from jail

Asked almost 6 years ago - San Bernardino, CA

what kind of motion would you present to the court get an early release from federal suprvised release and what would be the proper court to hear the motion? I was arrested in missouri but live in california.

Additional information

the question is what kind of motion can i file to get off supervised release . not a release from jail.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You can file it but what makes you think it will be granted? You must have grounds,like you are dying and don't want to die in prison or your close relative is and you want to spend their last days with them. How about a communicable disease which makes you dangerous to other prisoners? Of course you can't lie or you'll never get out but this is intended to be a very partial list of what a judge might see as good grounds for releasing you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,498 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,498 answers this week

3,218 attorneys answering