Can I file a motion to compel summer timesharing in FL the absent the presence of a court order regarding custody?

Niceville, FL |

I'm In The Middle Of Custody Litigation In Fl. We've Never Been Married Or Through Court, But Paternity Has Been Recognized And Established. Mother Wants An Increase In Child Support In Order To Give Me Summer Timesharing While We Continue To Negotiate The Official Parenting Plan And Await A Hearing Specifically To Determine Any Additional Child Support That Is Warranted. Can I File A Motion To Compel Summer Timesharing According To The Official FL Family Law Revised Timesharing Plan In This Case?

1. It is not clear whether you are currently in court or not or what kinds of actions/orders are outstanding, so it is really not possible to answer this question. Some of the things you are saying have occurred do not compute legally.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

2. I agree with Heather. You need to have a temporary matters hearing soon. You should also get to mediation as soon as you can.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

3. Is the Department of Revenue the party that brought suit to establish paternity and a child support order? If so and there has been no other actions, you will need to initiate your own action to establish a time-sharing plan and work out parental responsibilities. You should consult with a local family law attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, most courts have a pro se family law coordinator program to assist citizens in moving forward through the court system. These programs cannot offer legal advise but they can provide legal forms and help you schedule your hearings.

Civil motions topics