Can i file a lawsuit on violation of privacy or hippa due to being examined in a open hallway in an er

Asked over 4 years ago - Fort White, FL

I was placed on a strecher in an open hallway in an er while waiting there to be seen a individual whom i at first i thought to be a nurse due to the attire but later on found out was indeed the er doctor examined me in the hallway next to the nurse's desk without any privacy asking me questions about my problem i felt violated due hippa and my medical condition was not for the whole world to hear there were other people there in the hallway besides medical personnell I take hippa laws very seriously due to i work in a medical field what is my recourse here.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . There is no private right of action available for a HIPPA violation. Administrative penalties can be imposed, but you have not got an option to bring a lawsuit on your own behalf.